The aim behind this policy is to make you understand our policies and practices regarding the personal data obtained, managed, and unveiled by Cash Direct in Singapore. Here, our intention also lies in revealing how to access and edit the personal data, and how to draw inquiries and file complaints about our processing of such data when necessary.
We are dedicated to protect and save your personal data by following the Personal Data Protection Act and hence, assuring your privacy.
Except otherwise declared, this policy relates to the personal data of our current and recent customers and others that we might get entertained (e.g., directors, securities providers, and stockholders linked to our potential customers).
Associates in this policy to “Cash Direct”, “us”, “we” or “our” include all branches, representational offices, subsidiaries, and associated companies and affiliates collected, used, and/or collected by Group of Cash Direct., or reveal personal data in Singapore.
Cash Direct can access different agreements with customers and individuals with particular data protection provisions, in which case the policies of those agreements will take precedence over the terms of this policy.
Data Protection Defined
The responsibility of the organization is to maintain the privacy and safety of the customer’s personal details.
For those organizations that manage the content and the value of the personal details, Cash Direct is the Data Controller. Cash Direct hired a Data Protection Officer (DPO) whose duty is to protect the rights of carrying out the businesses and assuring compliance with Data Protection regulations and laws.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) terms were introduced on 25th May 2018. Its aim lies in setting the new regulations for the processing and usage of the data. GDPR, therefore, strengthens and regulates the laws of data protection for every EU citizen.
All these regulations are for the organizations that handle and process the overall data with an account to an individual or group of individuals. All the employees, even the agents, contractors, consultants and the third parties with access to the personal data must abide by this in a direct or indirect manner.
Data Protection at Cash Direct
Cash Direct is thankful to you to show the trust in us in gathering, processing, and protecting your personal data. Continuing as the data processor and collector of your personal data, we, will:
- Prioritize your information to provide security via the powerful compliance culture.
- Assure you that your information is secured and protected via our control, process strategies.
- Carry out the business in a transparent and ideal way to reduce the impact of risk on data freedom and rights.
Our personal data collection procedure
Cash Direct collect personal data when the customer:
- open an account
- withdraw or lodge money
- ask for a loan
- use our services or
- contact us.
Then, we note all telephone conversations, or those made by you, and will always be informed for the same. There are other means of collecting the information- it could be via apps, websites, social media, market research, etc.
Cash Direct website complies with “cookies”. After visiting our website, our website uses this technology to store small text records on the mobile device or PC. Cookies assist you in providing a better experience for you.
When you choose us for the personal loan, first of all, we will demand your ID proof. In between the process of an application, and for the time frame until you do not repay the loan, we will continue the search and will give the required information to the third parties. These third parties could be the Central Credit Register, credit collection agencies, and credit reference agencies. CCU and third parties maintain the information even if the application is successful or not.
The purpose behind collecting, using and disclosing your personal data
Cash Direct will collect, use, and disclose personal data about you which is logically required for our business purposes and pursuits. Common purposes of collecting, using, and disclosing the personal data are:
- the regular administration of the services and credit abilities given to customers;
- assuring creditworthiness of customers;
- helping different financial institutions to manage credit checks and settle debts;
- creating financial services or similar products for customers’ convenience;
- contributing, promoting or advertising banking and financial services, investment products and different subjects;
- acquisition of amounts outstanding from customers and those presenting security for customers’ responsibilities;
- managing credit, identity, and conflict controls to deter and identify crime and fraud;
- Adhere to any responsibilities, obligations or methods for disclosing and managing personal information that apply to us or that we are demanded to adhere to under any guidelines, law or guidance provided or assigned by any, regulatory, legal, governmental, tax, law enforcement or some more authorities, self-regulatory or industry bodies or organizations of financial services providers;
- Adhere to any requirements, obligations, procedures, policies measures or arrangements for experiencing information or data within the Cash Direct group and/or any additional use of personal information by any group-wide programs for acquiescence with prevention or sanctions or detection of terrorist financing, money laundering, or other illegal activities;
- performing several activities or functions associated to the services and/or products that we offer including, without restriction, to report, audit (involving summaries and materials and information usually about markets and investments), carry out market research, and conduct basic servicing and maintenance of online and other services;
- coordinating and confirming all personal data that we keep relating to customers from time to time for any additional related and declared purpose(s);
- any additional purposes under this Policy and different policies concerning financial, banking, and investment services as mention in statements circulars, statements, notices or different terms and conditions that we perform accessible to customers timely;
- if you offer personal data associating to a third party to us, you signify and guarantee that the permission of that third party is taken for the selection, use, and disclosure of the personal information for the purposes mentioned in this Policy.
What information Cash Direct Collects?
If you hire us, then you have to open an account first and then, open an account and carry out business with us and create loan applications we accumulate:
- Full Name
- Business/Home Address
- Email Address
- Mobile and Telephone Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Dependents and Partner
- Tax identification number
- Personal Public Service (PPS) Number
- ID proof including birth certificate, passport and driving license
- Address proof, including, Utility bills and Bank statements
- Mother’s maiden name
- Telephone call recordings
- CCTV images
- IP address
Personal Financial Information
- Personal bank and credit card account details
- Statement of net worth
- Income and expenditure
- Transactions, purchasing, and spending activity
- Payment instructions
- Credit records, worthiness, standing or capacity
- Account positions and history
- Origin/source of funds
- Business accounts and expected turnover
- Purpose of your account
Special Categories of Personal Information
- Health data: needed for loan protection insurance
How does Cash Direct use the collected information?
Cash Direct leverage the personal information for the below purposes:
- Implement and support our services and products to you
- Know how to promote our services and products
- Notify you how the services and products support you and how you can take benefit of them
- Preserve our interests and
- Fulfill regulatory and legal obligations.
We have to get and leverage the personal data to offer services and products to you with our terms and conditions. And, if you are not giving
the personal information then, we cannot give the services and products to you.
While starting the process of a loan application, initially, your ID proof is verified. It already has been mentioned earlier that in the overall procedure, the information searches will be carried out and if required, then the information will be sent to the third parties.
The information we gather on how you use the services or products and from the apps, website, and social media is examined by us. It assists us to understand how we engage with the customers and how you are leveraging the services and services, for the protection from financial fraud and crime and, for marketing information as well.
Cash Direct uses technology for automated decision making, such as loan applications. Every decision is examined by us with the personal information you provide to us, information from third parties, the technology, and your information that we already have.
We examine the reports and information trends, including the third parties’ loan repayments, loan applications, activity on mobile devices, and activity on our website.
Trends and reports include the information anonymized; i.e. addresses and names are excluded. The information which is shared in these reports does not incorporate anything that would classify you or your account number.
All your processing of information should have a legal basis. In this case, we fulfill our regulatory and legal obligations. If we change the purpose of using your information, we will notify you.
Updates and Accuracy to the personal data
Cash Direct will use all feasible steps to assure that we have accurate or update personal data at the time of collection and regularly thereafter.
In case there will be any difference in your personal data, you should notify us promptly and within any appropriate period specified to allow us to update the data.
We will follow every practical step to guarantee that the retention period of personal data is only for the time required to serve the purpose for which it was collected, or only for the time required for commercial or legal purposes.
Protecting and maintaining your personal data
We save the personal data we own or control by formulating reasonable technical, physical, procedural, and administrative security measures to block unauthorized access, use, collection, copying, disclosure, disposal, modification, or similar risks.
Outcomes of not giving personal data
Failure to provide personal data may cause us to be incapable to continue or open accounts, build or proceed to give banking services or banking, financial, securities, investment serviced, and products, incorporating securities trading, derivatives, commodity, and stock sales, exchange trading mortgages and Funds.
Request access to and personal data collection
You can ask and get access to some personal data that is in our dependency or under our control and to hold personal data linking to you which is incorrectly changed in some circumstances.
You can do this by reaching our Personal Data Protection Officer in writing to us. We can also ask the fair fee for processing the data access request.
In order to reach us and offer the personal data you request to access, you have to specify the required data reasonably and we will require you to confirm the identity (to assure that we will not give the personal data to unknown people to access Rights to such data).
If in any case, you feel that Cash Direct is not fulfilling the obligations in the Personal Data Protection Act about the personal data, then, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer.